Sunday, November 9, 2008

Storytime with Aunt Barbara

The kids adore Aunt Barbara. She has no problem getting down on their level (literally) and playing with them, telling them stories and reading to them. She answers all of their endless questions without reservation. She is so matter-of-fact with their requests: oh you want to play in the rain, why not? oh, you want to build a tower that can touch the ceiling, go ahead! You want me to read you all 8 stories from this book, no problem!



She is the laid back person I wish I could be. She obviously did something right, because she has one child that has already graduated medical school, one that is in engineering college and one that is studying business in college. Wow!



Every time she comes over (which is not often enough in the eyes of my children), she reads to them. She will pick out a book or have them pick out their favorite book. She will sometimes bring new books as presents, then read the books to them. This is something that they have come to expect from her and I think that is a sweet memory to leave with my children.

No comments: