Friday, November 14, 2008

A Little Holiday Magic

John and I took the kids to Holiday Magic last year. There was a little Children's Tea Party where they got to decorate a gingerbread house, eat cookies and milk and take a picture in front of a little play town and trees. I do not know what made it so fun for them, but they remembered it all year long. When I mentioned it coming up, they were beside themselves giddy about getting to go again. This time would be extra exciting because Santa was going to be there. It was officially known as 'Cupcakes and Cocoa with Santa'.

I should have known better than to try and take all three by myself to something that had so much potential to turn into disaster. Consider the equation:
3 overly excited kids + 1 Santa + tons of sugar from the cupcakes + a wide open space for them to run around = 1 frustrated mommy and 3 kids with a time-out to last until next year.

I should have known. I. Should. Have. Known...

The kids' favorite expression: the silly face!

No comments: