Sunday, December 28, 2008

Big Church with Natalie

They did not have children's programming for children older than 3 years old last week and this week. I asked John to take Luke and Cooper and I would take Natalie. That meant that she would sit in big church with me. She has two responses to church: completely enthralled or completely disengaged. I had a little pep talk with her before we got there, to ensure that she would NOT ask me when it would be over. Not even once. She agreed. And guess what? She did not ask me once when church would be over. I could tell that she had checked out of the listening part, but at least she was quiet and content. I brought 2 books for her to practice her alphabet and to practice concepts in a workbook. That kept her busy, thank goodness. She did a little singing and signing, but for the most part looked like she was just suffering through it. Oh well, maybe some of it will sink in...

2 comments:

Cruson Crew said...

Listening or not, she looked gorgeous!! (You do too!) I'm so glad that you have bounced back from your gallbladder so quickly!!

da momma said...

pretty girls...just checking in on yall. Happy New Year!