Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jason's Deli

I took Natalie and Cooper to Target (as a treat) and let each of them pick 1 thing from the dollar spot. Then, it was time to head home OR go out to eat. They wanted to go home. Now it is rare for me to have them by themselves and have the time to take them out to eat. (Besides Chik*Fil*A) No, they wanted to go home. I could not believe I had to talk them into going out to eat! Finally I came up with a clincher. Hey guys, do ya'll want to go to Jason's Deli, where they give you ice cream as dessert? SOLD! I had them hooked at that point. They were all over the fact that ice cream was a guarantee for dessert.

It is sad to say that I paid $2.59 for a serving of mac-n-cheese and $2.59 for a personal size cheese pizza, but it was all worth it for the fact that I got Black Currant Tea to drink. I do not know why I have started to like that kind of tea, but I have. That along with a turkey wrap and I was as happy as the kids were. After they had (relatively) good behavior, I went to get them their ice cream. With a choice of chocolate, vanilla or swirl, which flavor do you think they went with? VANILLA! Can you believe? Cooper and Natalie are both VANILLA! I really thought Cooper would go for swirl, because that sounds like fun, but no, vanilla it was.

They both are pretty funny in how they eat ice cream off of a cone. Inevitably it ends up on their nose or as a beard at some point. I should not laugh, but it is really cute when they are not even trying to be funny. Here are some pictures of their cuteness:








1 comment:

R said...

oh man...now i want jason's deli. BAD! pregnant girl craves everything she reads about. :0)

i love that place too. never tried the tea, though! i need to.

i get crazy at how expensive kids' food is. chili's charges $3.99 or something for KRAFT MAC & CHEESE. come on now...i can buy a WHOLE BOX of it for 50 cents!!! nuts.