Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Cookie Swap

My girlfriend Laura has had a 'cookie swap' every year, for the last 4 years. We all bring 6 dozen of whatever we baked and then share with everyone. There are anywhere from 5 to 10 of us, so you can imagine the assortment of fun stuff to taste and share! Laura usually makes 2 or 3 different cookies, so sometimes we have to bust out a calculator to do the math to figure out how many of each cookie/brownie/fudge, etc. that we each get. She spends a week cooking and baking various treats, sweets, salads and drinks for us to enjoy while we are there. She makes the best punch! I love eating stuff that looks fancy on the serving dish, I'm just weird that way I guess. After we chit-chat, tell kid stories and carry on for a while, we get down to the cookie swapping business. It is so fun to come home with something you could never bake yourself. We do bring copies of our recipes just in case you may want to duplicate the Red Velvet Cake Balls that melted in your mouth. Not that I would know or anything...

I LOVE THE COOKIE SWAP, Laura!!

No comments: