Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Day to Myself

I am still recuperating from what was supposed to be an easy procedure. I do not know who made this determination, but it definitely was made by someone who has not had their gall bladder out recently. I am still waking up in pain (serious pain), am OK during the day and then in pain again at night.
All this to say, my friend Lahoma volunteered to take the younger kids today. My mom had Cooper, so that left me with a day to myself. What a blessing this day was! I took a 2 hour nap (which does wonders for me), was able to clean various neglected parts of the house, wash 4 loads of laundry and start and finish wrapping gifts. Quite a productive day I must say! I did not feel rushed, I just kept doing what needed to be done. I also made some more Sweet Goodness, which turned out to be the best batch yet.
I'll take a day like today, anyday, without the precursor of surgery...

No comments: