Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Christmas

John is a good shopper. Especially when he goes to Nordstrom's to do the shopping. He really went above and beyond this Christmas. We both got guns earlier this month and it was assumed that this was our Christmas presents. Imagine my surprise when there were not 1, not 2 but 3 gifts under the tree for me!?! I took a while to open them, but was quite surprised that he got me such cool things. The first thing I opened was 'SOLID PERFUME'. This is a little necklace with a daisy that you can keep in your purse to 'freshen' up with throughout the day. It was "Daisy/Marc Jacobs". He also also got the velvet body butter and a bottle of the real perfume for me. John does not get me Eau de Toilette, ever. He always gets me the real stuff. I like that. Plus, he gets me what he likes. Which is why I am wearing good-smelling stuff, for him, right?
The next box held multiple items. First thing I saw were 2 UnderArmour shirts to workout it. Yea! I will be so glad when I CAN workout again!Right now I cannot even get out of bed to quick, lest I reinjure one of the incision sites. Next in the box were some really cool Nike Yoga pants, that I happen to be wearing RIGHT NOW. They are black and I LOVE them! And under the pants, there was a cool long-sleeved layered shirt that I cannot wait to wear with some jeans! WOW! I love it that John has a good eye for knowing what I like!


The last gift was one I totally was not expecting. He had pointed it out in the Costco ad a few months ago, but I did not think he remembered or that I would be so lucky as to get it. It was a GARMIN. This thing does it all. It tracks your heart rate, speed, distance, time, location in the universe, everything! It will probably take me a few hours to figure it out, but I am so excited! Again, I'll have to wait until I am off the injured reserve list, then I will be good to go.




I had such a nice time Christmas Eve with Mother and Calvin and the wonderful meal that she fixed for all of us last night. This morning was incredibly fun with the kids all going nuts. Once Pa-Pa, Weezie and Autumn got here, then there was even more fun to be had. We had a great time just being together and THEN a delicious lunch that John whipped up in a jiffy for all of us. There is just something about being able to sit around a table and just talk. That is so nice. I think we all enjoyed each other's company. We should do this kind of thing more often than once a year...I'm just saying.

No comments: