Monday, December 22, 2008

A Day with My Mom

Rare is the day that I can spend with my mom, doing nothing in particular, just hang out and do whatever. Today happened to be one of those days. My mom came over to be with me between when John left and when Kayla would be here. (Since I am still recovering from the surgery, John had Kayla come over to babysit during the day.) Once Kayla got here, Mother, Cooper and I left to go to her house. After we had a Subway sandwich, I excused myself to take an hour and half nap. When I woke up , my mom and I got down to business making some jewelry. I have always envied those who can make their own necklaces or bracelets. Well let me tall you, my mom is the queen of making necklaces, bracelets and earrings. She can make anything to match anything! I think she has over 101 bracelets, and I'm not kidding. She has 6 tackle boxes full of beads, so I had a quite a plethora to chose from. I arbitrarily decided on brown, just because I almost always go with black, so I thought I would do something different. I thought these turned out pretty good...
After we made those, we made some Sweet Goodness. I think I need to name her creation Nutty Goodness because she wanted 2 lbs. of peanuts in hers, so that's what we did. It was plenty nutty, that is for sure. Cooper's nose was working, because he came scampering down the stairs from playing with Legos to inquire about the 'chocolate nests' that he could smell. I let him lick the spatula when I was done and he was all to happy to oblige.

No comments: