Thursday, December 4, 2008

Polar Express Night @ Mary's

My friend Mary LOVES the Polar Express. She loves the book and the movie. Since the movie came out, she has had a Polar Express night for the kids (and adults). Everyone comes over to her house in their pajamas, eats breakfast food, drinks hot chocolate and roasts some marshmallows and s'mores. I usually only take Cooper and Natalie, but this year I brought all 3 kiddos. (Luke was crying so loud that I could hear him in the driveway while he was in the living room with John.) I relented and brought him along, just hoping that my 3 balls of energy could keep it tame for at least an hour. I told all 3 that we would leave at ANY moment if they started acting all wild and nutty. They all readily agreed to that...

We had so much fun just hanging out (as adults) while all the kiddos were enthralled with the movie in the new media room. (The media room that 2 of Mary's friend built for her over the summer.) They would get a little rowdy when the music got really loud, but for the most part the only casualty was the arm of a chair that Craig was able to pop back into place.
Thanks Mary for having Polar Express for the kids and the kid in all of us!

No comments: