Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sweet Goodness

Anyone who knows me, knows that I do not cook much. I am blessed with a husband who is exceptionally gifted in culinary talents and loves to cook. Seriously, he loves to cook the Thanksgiving meal(s), Christmas Dinner(s), even ribs for his own birthday party! I think he would be hurt if I ever said, "No, let me cook the Christmas meal." (Which I would not) I can make a great mac 'n cheese, bake some chicken breasts, but not much beyond that. Sometimes I will surprise John with a Homemade Gourmet meal or a recipe that a friend gave me, but for the most part, John does the lion share of the cooking for our household. AND that is FINE with me!
All this to say, my friend, Laura, made this sweet treat for a get-together at her house. She made it in the crock pot! How about that! Since I actually saw what it looked like while she was making it, then tried it when she had completed it, I thought I could do it myself. I called her to ask about the specific ingredients, bought them and was ready to fire up some sweet stuff in my crock pot. Another thing that some people know about me is that I cannot leave a recipe on its own. I like to add some things here and there.
So here's what I put in the sweet stuff:
*1 1/2 pounds of white almond bark
*1 1/2 pounds of chocolate almond bark
*1 package of chocolate chips
*1 jar of peanut butter
*1 jar of Marshmallow Creme
After it was all melted, I turned the crock pot off and added the following while stirring it all up real good:
*1 can of cashew pieces
*1 large bag of pretzels
Then I dropped globs of it in varying sizes on wax paper. It made a whole bunch of these. Then I turned on the fan and left for 3-4 hours. When I came back it was hardened enough for me to peel it off the paper and stack it.
John said it was the best thing he ever put in his mouth. Cooper called it a chocolate bird's nest. Me? I call it Sweet Goodness.
Thank you, Laura, for the recipe and inspiration to do it!

No comments: