Saturday, December 6, 2008

Entertainment Central

With all the roles I play: mom, wife, driver, dishwasher, negotiator, mediator, folder of all the laundry, finder of all things lost, master approver of all outfits, hairstylist, etc.; the most important role that my children think I am is Entertainment Central. This is my responsibility to mold my children's growth, development, physical well-being and all that important stuff. It is my job to come up with something fun, exciting and energy-draining to do before nap every day.

[Now that Cooper is in school, going to have pictures taken is no longer an option. (Darn!) I'm funny in that I do not want pictures of just 2 of the kids. I am afraid that in 10 or 20 years, Cooper might look back and say, "Hey, what's up with me not being in the Santa picture? Was I in time-out or something?"]

Here are some of the things that I take them to do to stimulate their minds, bodies and energy level:

* FW Zoo (we all have a membership, so it is free, free, free!)
* MAC (somewhere else that we have a membership so it is free, free, free!)

* Jumping Party (kind of far, but worth it if we take our lunch an make it a 2 + hour stay)

* Random parks anywhere in a 5 mile radius. (There are approximately 40 that we have to choose from)

* Mall play areas (Ridgmar and Parks are our favorite)

*Leapin' Lizards

* Pump It Up

* Playdates with a friend from the neighborhood or school
* My gym (if all else fails, let the play in the Kid's Klub at the gym while I get in a 2 hour workout, right?)

* The public library (Storytime especially, plus it is free, free, free!)

* Storytime at the Ballpark (Not free, but I always have a half off coupon)

* Seasonal fun activities like Boo at the Zoo, water park outings, Country Critters, pumpkin patches, etc.

* Eat and Play places (Chik*Fil*A) (McDonald's (as a last resort!))

* Adventure walk (free, free, free!)

* Picnics (we have park picnics, car picnics and even floor picnics)

* Visit to Gram and Grandad's house

No comments: