Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Birthday Party

I am usually right there in all the action when it comes to birthday parties. I like to play the games with the kids, jump on the trampolines, run on the track, whatever. Usually. Just not today. I felt like sitting back and watching. It was Cooper's friend Cooper's birthday party at a gymnastics place. I asked if I could bring Natalie, so she got all dressed in her little leotard with a skirt. She was a bit younger than most of the kids, but she had SO much fun. (I could just tell!)


They played some silly, really silly games (toilet tag?), jump on some trampolines and swing around on a rope then drop off into a pit of foam blocks. These kids have a whole lot more patience when it comes to parties, because they all waited their turn, did not push, yell or scream, and just stood in line. I have never seen such calm, controlled behavior out of a group of (mainly) 6 year old boys! Impressive! Maybe it was the fact that the leader of the party was a guy who was 20~something but acted 8~something. He had the loudest voice I have ever heard! And let me tell you, he needed it with 20+kids all screaming and singing at once. How he kept them under control is beyond me, but he did. I think Cooper and Natalie BOTH had a great time! (And I had a good time doing 'not much'.)

No comments: