Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Somewhat Interesting Facts About Me

Interesting facts about me:

*I became a follower of Jesus Christ on Easter 1998.
*I have been attending Pantego Bible Church since December 1997.
*I got engaged Aug. 19 @ 8:19 pm and married 2/5/00.
*I started learning sign language in 2003.
*I joined the Coast Guard 3 weeks after I turned 18.
*I served 8 years with USCG(R).
*I met all 5 conductors of the U.S. Military bands (and took a picture with them).
*I cheered in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.
*I was a college cheerleader for 3 years.
*I knocked out 3 of my teeth cheering at a college basketball game.
*I held the Goldsmith Stadium record for fastest time in the women’s 300m hurdles during high school.
*I have high jumped higher than my height (I jumped 5’4” when I was 4’11”).
*I competed in a power lifting competition (won my weight class, pound-for-pound and each individual lift).
*I entered 6 bodybuilding shows – won 3.
*I completed a triathlon.
*I completed 2 marathons.
*I have gone skydiving (tandem).
*I have bungee jumped (with Andrea).
*I have bench pressed more than my body weight (benched 175 when I weighed 125).
*I did a double front flip after the age of 35.
*I am an expert with an M-16 and 9mm.
*I have run more than a 100 10Ks and 5ks since the 8th grade.
*I have run in 2 Mud Runs with a team of 5 people (2007 and 2008)
*I walked 60 miles from Kenosha, WI to Chicago to benefit Breast Cancer research.
*I was part of the Sea-Partners Initiative – instituted and funded by the D.O.D.
*I completed my undergraduate degree in 4 years – only switching majors once (from engineering)
*I completed my Master’s Degree in 1.5 years.
*I only received 1 ‘B’ in grad school.
*I had 3 children in less than 3 years.
*I have had 7 surgeries: knee (1991), augmentation (1996), vertebral injection (1999), 3 c-sections (2002, 2004, 2005) and hernia (2006).
*I have scoliosis (minor, but apparent in x-rays)
*I have taught at 3 different colleges.
*I played on a championship flag football team in grad school.
*I was in a sorority (Delta Zeta).
*I appeared on TV for the show American Gladiators in 1993. My shows have since been replayed on ESPN Classic.
*I have performed CPR (and he lived for 3 days following the heart attack).

No comments: