Monday, December 15, 2008

Eddy the Elf

Our neighbors across the street gave us a book last year called The Elf on the Shelf. In the box, there is a book and an 'elf'. The book explains all about the 'elf', his function in life (to tell Santa everything the children do) and all his magical powers (not much, just that he can fly to the North Pole every night and get back before the children wake up). The kids get to name the 'elf'' but the do not ever get to touch him. Touching him with kid-size hands = Eddy cannot fly anymore. Oh and Santa lets Eddy hitch a ride back with him on Christmas Eve. (That's when Eddy goes back in the box until after Thanksgiving the next year.)

Though I feel a little ridiculous talking to an elf, the kiddos sure do not mind one bit. Once they find him, first thing in the morning, they will sometimes chit-chat with Eddy for a good 10-20 minutes. I know, this probably is not a proper psychological environment, but it sure is humerous what they tell him. They will even tell on each other, "Luke! I am going to tell Eddy that you called me a bad name!" It is so cute that it is funny. Also, we will not have many more Christmases like these that while they are all so young. I think I'll sit back and enjoy it while I can...

No comments: