Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cooper's Christmas

When Cooper gets fixated on a certain something, there is not much chance of changing his mind or getting him to focus on something else. He can be very single-minded. Last year he wanted this macaw/parrot from Costco that was $80. I mean he really wanted it. I could not fathom buying it for him. At all. I did not even entertain the idea because it was so much $$ for a toy that I knew he would break pretty quick.

All year he reminded me that I would not get it for him. Sorry, but that is the way it is, Cooper. Then, 3 weeks ago my mom asks me what Cooper would want for Christmas. I happen to look in the Target ad and low and behold, there is that macaw/parrot right there in the ad for $24!! How about that! I told my mom and she got it without having to go to 8 different stores to find it!

Fast forward to Christmas Eve. Cooper opens the present....whoa. You would have thought that he opened the golden ticket. He was so excited. It is like he held on to that desire of wanting that parrot for a year and it all came out when he opened it. He loves that parrot. Though it does not have a name, he loves it all the same. (Yes, that rhymed!) It is actually pretty funny in that it: repeats what you say, says random things at random times and will purr if you pet it. Cooper absolutely adores it.


Amongst other things, he has been wanting a guitar for a while. Not a toy guitar, mommy, a REAL guitar. I had told Grandmother this and sure enough, she sent a real acoustic guitar for him. From the moment that I took it out of the postage box, even Luke knew what it was. That's pretty funny that the 3 year old made the call. Of course this was the first gift that Cooper opened this morning. It did not leave his side too often all day. I would really like him to learn how to play it, because I believe that he does have a gift for playing music.



His other favorite thing that he got were pajamas. This boy loves pajamas. LOVES them. Pa-pa and Weezie are notorious for getting him pajamas. Thank goodness! No matter what pair they get them, they become his favorites. Case in point, the Superman pajamas that they were wearing this morning came from Pa-Pa and Weezie. So tonight he is sporting his new pajamas that look SO CUTE! (And have a new superhero on them!)

No comments: