Friday, December 19, 2008

Cooper's 'Holiday' Party

Cooper had his 'holiday' party today. The kiddos get an hour and half to play games, exchange gifts (books) and eat something fun for snack. (They eat lunch at 10:30 a.m., so everyday they get a snack in the afternoon.) I am a room mom for Cooper's class and let me tell you, this is such a fun part of being a mom. I love being a room mom. I love being there in the midst of all the fun and activity. Cooper thinks it is awesome that I am there and I love that. That might change as he gets older, but for now I am going to soak it all in and relish in the fact that he likes having me around. To see how his face lights up whenever he sees me at the school is priceless.


All the room moms gathered together to get the party started while the kiddos were still in the library. We put red and green M & M (s) in cupcake holders for bingo, got the beanbags for the snowman toss, set up the snowman poster for pin-the-nose-on-the-snowman and uprighted some super-sized candy canes to have a ring toss. Each mom (and 1 dad) manned each station and let the kids play. After the games, we let them sit down to eat their special snack (popcorn, juice box, their leftover M & M (s) and a cookie) before they played the pass-the-present exchange. We then passed out their stockings and backpacks to get ready for dismissal. I had so much fun helping out!
When is the next one?!?

No comments: