Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cut and Color?

I got my hair cut and highlighted today. YEA. FOR. ME! I love getting my hair cut. I do not know why it feels so good to get the dead ends cut off and feel like I have healthy hair again. But it does. I also like to get my hair highlighted. OK, I LOVE getting my hair highlighted. I had blond hair growing up, then my freshman year it went this mousy brown. Yuck, yuck yuck. It did not look good on me at all with my skin tone and blue eyes. So the summer before my sophomore year I spent the summer by the pool with 'Sun-In'. Basically a peroxide spray that bleached your hair completely out. From then on I dyed my hair once a month. Even when I was in boot camp, I got permission from my company commander to dye my roots during the 20 hours of liberty that we were granted. By the time I was in my 20's my hair was so blond it was almost white. Not so good. It did not look natural, but that didn't matter to me, I just wanted it BLOND! Right after I had Natalie, I got a gift certificate to a salon. A Salon! Not just a haircutting place, it was Norwood and Company, an Aveda Salon. I went there and they convinced me to try and attain a more natural hair color. Travis said that on a scale of 1 to 10, I was a 14 in the blond color. After 2 years of highlights and low-lites, we finally achieved a more natural look.
Reality? I will always want it blonder, always. But I force myself to try and be happy with this more 'natural' color...
<----My favorite color of blonde
The 'natural' color of blonde that John prefers--->

No comments: